The Not for Profit Board and Management Guide
Overview and Purpose
The Not for Profit Board and Management Guide is widely acknowledged as the most comprehensive publication in Australia covering all aspects of Not for Profit management and governance.
Highly acclaimed and extensively used, the Guide is the first publication of its kind! It offers a wealth of information, examples and important suggestions enabling Boards and Chief Executive Officers to save time, improve productivity, increase professionalism and manage risks. It is like having a 'virtual' expert employed full time - for a fraction of the cost and for one annual fee!
The format allows for regular updates, ensuring you keep abreast of not only changes to regulatory requirements, but also industry best practice.
With over 600 pages, the manual is an invaluable addition to the toolkit/resources of any Not for Profit Manager or Board member, helping you to gain better control and management of your organisation.
- Duties of care and good faith;
- Conflict of interest;
- Charitable trusts;
- Annual General Meeting;
- Directors' and officers' liability insurance; and
- Embedding ethics into decision-making.
Board structure and operations
- Board composition and Director appointment;
- Board authority;
- Role of the Board;
- Succession planning;
- Payments to Directors;
- Committees of the Board and operational committees;
- Audit committee;
- Position descriptions of elected officials;
- Understanding the roles of employed staff in not for profits;
- Structuring the Board agenda;
- Board meeting procedure;
- Board and CEO communications;
- Relations between Board and staff;
- Company Secretary; and
- Latest developments in governance.
- Executive office;
- Competition and Consumer Practices;
- Public comment;
- Contract management;
- Workers' Compensation;
- Equal opportunity;
- Intellectual Property;
- Risk management strategies;
- Learning and development;
- Coaching in the workplace;
- Information Systems; and
- Cloud computing.
- Strategic planning for not for profits;
- Membership marketing;
- Membership recruitment;
- Membership retention;
- Winning at sponsorship;
- Successful not for profit mergers; and
- Performance management system.
Accounting and Taxation
- The Australian Taxation System;
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) an overview;
- The Australian Tax System - registration issues;
- The Goods and Services Tax - a more detailed explanation;
- The PAYG System;
- Your ABN and the PAYG System;
- Income tax exemption - charities;
- Income tax exemption - types of entities;
- Tax status of not for profit organisations;
- Taxation of not for profit organisations;
- Fringe Benefit Tax;
- Not for profits - FBT and GST;
- Financial Assistance Payments and GST; and
- Grants and recipient created tax invoices.
- CEO remuneration guidelines.
Not For Profit Management Guide | Not For Profit Handbook | Not For Profit Manual